OPEN EVENT FOR ALL HARBOR VIEW!
Saturday, November 6, 2021
4:30 PM - 11:00 PM
HVRC’s annual Fall Fest is returning for 2021 and this year’s event will be held on Saturday, November 6, 2021. This event is open to ALL Harbor View residents and is hosted by the Harbor View Recreation Club. This event includes great food, live entertainment, a Silent Auction, 50/50 raffle, pie-making contest and tons of fun for the whole family.
A few important items for Fall Fest:
1.) Parking at the marina is currently very limited. We encourage attendees to walk or consider parking on Greene Drive if walking is not possible.
2.) The HVRC Board will be providing hamburgers/hotdogs and fixings along with water, tea, and lemonade. Please bring a side/dessert to share.
3.) Please bring camp chairs if you would like to sit by the bon-fire.
Fall Fest will also feature a pie-making contest. To enter, simply bring a homemade pie of your choice to Fall Fest. The winner of the best tasting pie will win a prize.
At this time, we are starting the process of collecting auction items and making the silent auction themed-baskets but...We need your help!
Do you have any of the following items that you would be willing to donate? (All donations can be dropped off to 8104 Arcade Street – bin is on front porch).
• Baskets, crates, or another creative item to hold auction items; Qty Needed: 10-12
• An unopened bottle of wine; Qty Needed: As many as possible
• An unopened bottle of liquor; Qty Needed: As many as possible
• Pepperidge Farms cheese, sausage & crackers sets or similar items
• 1-2 bottles of your favorite beer or hard cider; Qty Needed: As many as possible
• A bag of Marshmallows; Qty Needed: 3
• Box of Graham Crackers; Qty Needed: 3
• Hershey Chocolate Bars; Qty Needed: 30
• New, unused Dog & Cat Toys/Items
• New, Unopened Dog & Cat Treats
• Gift Cards or Gift Certificate; Qty Needed: As many as possible
• A package of your favorite candy (i.e. Candy bars, Skittles, Hot Tamales, Reese Peanut Butter cups,
Good & Plenty); Qty Needed: As many as possible
• Fishing supplies (i.e. fishing pole, tackle, net, etc.)
• Housewarming items such as candles, picture frames, wooden signs (i.e. It’s 5 0’clock somewhere, Home Sweet Home, etc.), tea towels or similar items
• Unopened cards games, board games, dice, etc.
• Personal care items (i.e. Bubble bath, lotions, beard care kit, nail polish, etc.)
I know the one thing many people wish they had more of is TIME. Well one way to auction off time, donate to the HVRC, and fundraise for the HVRC is by volunteering your skills to be auctioned off. For Example:
• Are you a baker? Would you be willing to auction off your baking skills; maybe a cake or a couple dozen cookies/cupcakes?
• Are you a cook or have a special dish you like to make? (i.e. a casserole, lasagna, etc.) Would you be willing to auction off making a family dinner for a neighbor one night?
• Are you a pet lover? Would you be willing to auction off your skills to pet sit or walk a dog?
• Do you have a boat and know of a good fishing spot? Would you be willing to auction off a fishing trip for 2-3 people on your boat?
Are you creative and want to make your own themed basket to donate? Go for it!
Maybe you have a unique item sitting around the house that needs a new home? Reach out and let’s see
what we can do.
Donation items may be dropped off anytime at Kristin Salzer’s house at 8104 Arcade Street in the red bin on the front porch.
Featuring the following activities: